Friday, September 4, 2009

I had to try it too.

So, after reading tons of stuff about people making weird smoothies composed of spinach and fruits called Green Monsters, I decided to try it. I am very skeptical, ans I must admit, the idea of a spinach smoothie was almost making me sick...

After looking up a couple recipes, I finally ended up making my own, which looks like the following :

1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
2 cups of Baby Spinach
1 cup of Blueberries (frozen)
1 large Banana

This ended up being the best smoothie I've ever had, with just the right amount of sweetness. You can add sugar/Splenda/Agave syrup if you want, but I liked mine this way. I even fooled my husband. I made him taste the thing, asked him his advice. He said it was pretty good (he normally doesn't really like smoothies) and that it was just sweet enough. His face turned to GREEN when I told him there was 2 cups of spinach in this glass I was drinking. (He hates veggies, really...)

The Green Monster ended up not being a monster after all. I loved it and had another this morning for breakfast with my Nutella toast. (It's Friday, I deserved the treat.)

Oh and WI number 2 : 148.8 lbs ! I'm definitely back on track, 10 more pounds and I'll be where I left, and I'll be 8.8 lbs from my goal. I'm doing good, this is excellent.

I'll start posting videos again, I need to make one this week-end !

No comments: