Thursday, May 17, 2007

That's very serious.

I've been reading a lot about scam on Etsy, and heard a lot about it from my friends, who got fake Paypal and Bank emails... I think there's more and more of it, these days, and I'm kinda scared people get caught... My dad is not really aware of that kind of thing (Phishing emails) and I don't think my sister is either...
Enthral, another Etsy seller, had an interesting entry about it in her blog and I'd like everybody to look at it.

As she said, we have already seen that kind of emails, but not everyone is like us. (Anyone received a fake wholesale request these days ? I did.)We should not expect people to detect it as a scam right away, some of them are not even aware of that kind of fraud ! Be careful, and don't hesitate to report any fake bank, Paypal, Ebay, Etsy, etc. emails. Don't respond to any request to handle large amounts of money, and mostly, be carfeul on dating sites. You never know who's behind the computer screen !

No comments: