Thursday, April 30, 2009

EUREKA!

Ok, illumination.

I found out why I binge. Just like that, ouT of the blue, while talking to my husband.

It is frustration. Frustration related to food, to life, to work, but yeah. I'm a very frustrated person, if I look at how often and how much I binged during the last two weeks. Wheeee !

Now I have to find a way to canalize that frustration. A way that does not involve food, auto destruction and destruction of other people's goods.

I mostly binge during work days. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I often have Monday off, and I practically never binge on Fridays. (Interesting...) I don't eat like a pig on week-ends either, even when I'm working. But I know the three middle days are the most stressful (and frustratiiiing !!!) days of the week in my department.

Now, let's look at when I DON'T eat.

-When I work as an independant beauty consultant for Mary Kay. Can't eat during presentations, can I ? =P
-When I work from home
-When I bead (Try stringing a necklace with sticky fingers...)
-When I am in my bed
-When I read
-...When I sleep =P

The bed. The bed is what made me click. I eat at the computer desk, on the sofa, on the coffee table, in front of the TV... Literally EVERYWHERE except at the table or in bed. Another thing that's going wrong here, but finding the problems often leads to finding a solution. Let's keep on going.

So I eat everywhere huh ? Even at work. I eat at my desk. So from now on, I will only eat at the table. Period. I need to break the habit, so computer desk of coffee table won't be associated with food anymore. So if I can break the circle of the food associated with every single place in the house/office, I might be halfway there.

So let's try the table rule when it comes to food.

1 comment:

misssarahlou said...

Thats quite a revelation! Good luck with the table rule :o)